View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Thanks, Newstown. I appreciate the response. Well, mine is also an academic at a leading medical school in a large city, and so am I, though in a different discipline, so perhaps that facilitated this sort of relationship. I also read all the medical journals and research before seeing him, so we had quite a technical discussion. But a patient shouldn't have to do all that to get a decent level of details from their neuro, and I'm sorry that yours doesn't do that with you. My opinion of physicians is not very high for that and many other reasons.

Also, mine was diagnosed with a biopsy, and missed by 3 nerve conduction studies, so it would have to be pure small fiber. From what you all have been saying on your long thread, it sounds like yours involves larger fibers and was picked up with a conduction study, no?

Yeah, I've heard as much too, but can't seem to confirm it. Perhaps I should look at the medical journals again. Regardless, I appreciate your input.
Mine was confirmed on a nerve conduction test, David, but we didn't get into large fiber/small fiber discussion. I share your opinion re docs, and I know patients must be a drag after a while, but , you know, they can move on to another job and let someone have it that wants it, as far as i am concerned.
newstown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (03-04-2016)