View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 11:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Got my medical records...

Hello everyone,

I received my medical records from my visit at the University of Minnesota and though there is no mention of the cervical rib (I was under the impression I had one because the procedure code for my surgery was for resection of a cervical rib. Guess not), the Doppler ultrasound of my arteries and veins has made pretty freaked that I will have to have the surgery. Does anyone know anything about reading the results from the sort of ultrasound? I'm currently searching for research article to purchase off the Internet (http://www.jultrasoundmed.org/cgi/co...tract/20/7/795 ), and my surgeon is out of the country so I can't ask him.

Besides losing velocity completely at 180° bilaterally, my peak systolic velocity for my left arm vein were all really low except at the resting/starting position. My arteries were better on both arms, but both still lost complete velocity at 180° as well as had a couple of rebound effects, one where my arterial velocity went up to 172 cm a second at the 90° position.

Here, I will try to give you the results of my venous findings to see if anyone can clarify this for me:

Veneous Right upper extremity:

Innominate: 76 cm/sec
Subclavian med: 24 cm/sec
Subclavian mid: 33cm/sec
Subclavian mid at 90degrees: 172 cm/sec
Subclavian mid at 135 degrees: 63 cm/sec
Subclavian mid at 180 degrees: 80cm/sec

Veneous Left Upper Extremiy:

Innominate: 71 cm/sec
Subclavian med: 24 cm/sec
Subclavian mid at 90 degrees: 27 cm/sec
Subclavian mid at 135 degrees: 39 cm/sec
Subclavian mid at 180 degrees: 0 cm/sec

Thanks to my mom for typing that part out for me!

Does the left looks scary or is that just me? Plus the 172 cm/sec on my right arm at 90 degrees. Scary!

Last edited by MelissaLH; 06-30-2007 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to thank my mom!
MelissaLH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote