View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Debi, well you should be home with your trial SCS. It is so important, I can't emphasis how important, you follow the instructions of your PMS and the Medtronic reps. You have leads hanging out of you and an outside unit attached to those leads which of course are sitting in your spine right now. Be careful of doorknobs and such, I got mine caught on the door handle... Don't stretch, twist and turn or reach or bend, but when I say that, I mean don't do it beyond your limits, in order to get the most out of the unit you still need to do things to see if it will work. Also two types of stretch absolutely DO NOT DO the "morning just woken up stretch".

Have a read of Mark 56 BLaST. I add to his BLaST a capital A -= Ask for help, don't be a martyr and go it alone. You so need this to work hon, give it your best shot and believe, really believe with all the power of your mind it will work. My PMS said the power of positive thought has a huge impact on SCS success rates.

I had the feeling / awareness of a strange thing in me about 6 months in, I was having difficulties with it and getting frustrated with charging etc and it was just like this overwhelming and irrational feeling of an alien thing inside me, so much so I was thinking of asking to take the damn thing out, then a new PMS threaded the 2nd lead and I havent looked back. I still get frustrated with charging from time to time, but I'm no longer physically aware of this thing and wanting it out.

Anyhow those leads are in your spinal cavity and you want to be sure, extra sure you do not get any infection bacteria in there, so important you pay attention to caring for them. Forget washing your hair for a week as well, or get someone else to do it if you really need to.

I can't remember if Medtronic are paddle leads or percutaneous, mine are percutaneous, Mark56 has got paddle leads and his is a Boston. Good luck xxx
The advise PamelaJune speaks of is right on
I am not a recipient however because I am no longer
In ever having surgery again
I followed every step persons took

I remember reading way back when
of a fellow SCS recipient
One of the leads had moved
I believe the other fused to the selected area
And have come to learn it being able to be permanently
attached to the proper site
as opposed to a different way and I don't remember
yet what stuck out was the way the leads are secured