View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 09:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Good morning everyone :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Great advice PamelaJune. Debi… Do as you are told

Thought about you all through a terrible day, made it easier to handle. Waiting for updates with bated breath.

Dave.
Oh Dave.....I'm so sorry your day was terrible. I was so hoping you would have good comments on your ride and treatment ! I too was thinking of you dear friend.

I'm going to use Dave's post to tell y'all how it went. Because we all love Dave and because I'm already on here !

I have to say it do go well....other than the lady that put me to sleep wanting a 2nd IV put in in the OR and she blew the first one out in my hand. OUCH ! And I have GREAT veins. She was in a hurry even though they told her they were not rushing her so I FINALLY said something to the effect that she NEEDED to slow down for the 2nd stick and she got that one. Thank goodness.

I know they woke me up during the procedure to ask questions but that's very foggy and I don't remember feeling any pain at all which was nice.

I have never had any issues before with the meds they put me to sleep with but whatever she used yesterday was pretty bad. I felt like I was going to throw up all the way home. The motion of the car was not good. All day yesterday I could only get up for about 15 minutes at a time and then that terrible feeling would hit me again and I would have to go back to bed.

As far as the SCS.......she gave me 3 programs to try but also stated it is very hard to get the whole feet in the coverage. And that is my worst pain. From the middle of each foot to the toes. I'm stll having the foot pain but I have not worked with the programs yet. I couldn't yesterday but hoping I can work with them today.

The sensation is not bothering me at all. It is WEIRD to move a certain way and it UP itself. Makes you stop and take notice but not hurtful in any way. My back is extremely sore. Extremely SORE but nothing like the SFN is.

Here is a funny from yesterday:
Since my son took me I didn't want to wear my bra because I didn't think he would be too thrilled in 'undoing' it for me when we got home ! When I told the nurses they just howled in laughter !

I read somewhere the night before that I needed to wear a button up shirt. Well my friends, because I have 3 issues going on with my hands I don't HAVE any button up shirts. Only over the head ones without collars.
So I wracked what brain I have left and got out 2 of Bubba's PJ tops. Perfect and felt so much closer to him when I had it one. Which I still have on

The SCS rep, who was very nice and gave me her cell #, wanted to know my top problem with SFN. As most of you know I can't stand on my feet very long so grocery shopping is out. I might make it through the store but would be in bed for days after that in severe pain.
She doesn't want me to totally overdo but suggested that I go grocery shopping so I can report back on that experience. Our Ingles store is not huge like others but too big for me to walk through. And using the electric carts just seems to set my feet and hands off due to the vibration.

So my plan is to take it easy today and play with the programs. Tomorrow me and Christina will venture out to Ingles and see how it goes. I have to go back to see the Dr and rep on Monday at 1:00 and my SIL will be able to take me since he doesn't work on Mondays.

So my friends....I DID IT ! I'm pretty proud of my whimpy self

Thank you all so much for the support and prayers. They WORKED !

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Diandra (12-12-2015), EnglishDave (12-12-2015), eva5667faliure (12-13-2015), Hopeless (12-13-2015), KnowNothingJon (12-12-2015), Littlepaw (12-12-2015), mrsD (12-12-2015), PamelaJune (12-12-2015), PurpleFoot721 (12-23-2015)