View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wow, Chris, I've been watching that nightmare on the news. It's so hard to comprehend how anyone can arrive at a decision to do something like that. Really, what exactly does it accomplish for them? Idiots.

Bummer about the house situation, so many people go through this, don't you wonder if it would make more sense to write a seperate contract for each job with a caveat for witheld payment on do-overs? I've often wondered why those contracts don't come with fines for botched work. Say, you bill at $250 per hour, so you fine them for your lost time and effort at righting their wrongs. You could get your house for half price at this rate.

Sal, I understand completely the sense of lost purpose. I go through huge phases when I can't even justify remaining alive. It's not depression, it's just a sense of vast nothingness. Bleah. Hopefully, things will look up for you soon, if I knew how to make it go away, I'd do it for you!

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom