View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 11:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Not to mention all that possible neuro-protection your getting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daysunny View Post
See previous message. I decided to see what would happen if I went up further on nicotine dose. Now at 42 mg nicotine; 1.5 25/100 Sinemet three times a day and 2.0 25/100 once a day (evening).

Jaw displacement (dyskinesia) reduced even further although not gone. Tremor very controlled. (Occasional fluttering.)

I didn't change the Sinement dose when I upped the nicotine, so the nic seems to be what is reducing the dyskinesia further.

No side effects, other than 5-10 minutes of dizziness when I first put on patches.

Interesting other notes: At some point with the patch -- I can't remember what dose I was at -- my tendency to get orthostatic hypotension was greatly reduced. Also, I used to have problems going to way, way before beinig diagnosed with PD, with afternoon sleepiness and falling asleep while watching TV in the evening. That is virtually gone as well.

Overall alertness is better. Sleeping well and can get by on somewhat less sleep -- 7 hours compared to the 8 or 8.5 I usually needed.

Be interested to hear from others using nicotine how their experience compares. Villiers, Bad Boy?
badboy99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote