View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Rick,

Thanks for posting the picture!

The photo is a bit blurry but I can see the "white" areas of gum tissue. The white appears to be rather thick or lumpy in consistency. Is it actually gum tissue or accumulation of plaque? Can you gently remove it with a slightly moist q-tip? Or does the white substance seem to be coming from inside of the socket like pus would? I can also see that there is quite a bit of dark red inflammation along the lingual (tongue side) of the ridge that travels down toward the floor of your mouth. By any chance was the extracted tooth previously root canaled?

What are rinsing with and how often? Are you sticking to a soft food diet or eating regular food? Are you avoiding chewing on that side of your mouth?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick44 View Post
Bryanna (or anyone who knows),
I had oral surgery 9 days ago. Got #30 extracted and was supposed to get an implant, but the bone wasn't sufficient enough apparently so he did a bone graft and I will have to go back in 3 months for actual implant.
I also just noticed some white stuff around the area. It appears that what the member said above about it being tissue from where the gums didn't come together could be it but just want to make sure. It looks like it was between where the stitches were. I still have to take 800mg Ibuprofin (not taking any opiates) every 5-6 hrs but seems to be getting a little better. Just wanted to see if this is the norm or what. I see the doc again in a week and will ask him too.
Thank you

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote