View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Tyson,

I would love to have access to CBD. It has great value. But, I would never smoke it. Too many other things in the smoke. I spent half an hour last Thursday talking with a Mom and her daughter who has had significant benefit from CBD oil. The daughter got her life back. They have to get the CBD oil illegally.

There is no real meaning to medical grade unless there is a regulation that requires a registered grow house. At best it means that grower has had his various strains tested to determine percents and ratios of CBD, THC and such. There may be an attempt to show no herbicides or pesticides but the testing and growing is basically unregulated or minimally regulated, even for the approved grow houses. It is usually more of a tracking of product to make sure no product makes it onto the black/street market.

Statistically, some of your depression and anxiety issues may be due to your teen use of marijuana. Research shows that the teen brain is far more at risk of long term changes due to regular use than an adult brain. Yes, that is science but science is what is used to find the best way to treat a condition.

It is well documented that THC can be anxiety reducing in low amounts but have an opposite effect in higher doses.

It sounds like your few puffs at a time over a longer period may have helped reduce your anxiety. That alone can lead to a massive improvement. It is not the marijuana that necessarily caused the improvement. Often, it is the reduction in anxiety that causes the improvement. Anxiety is often the major problem with PCS. Anxiety magnifies the smallest PCS symptom, sometimes to nightmarish proportions.

I know people in Colorado who use low dose to just take the edge off. They know that more is counter to what they are trying to achieve. No high. Just enough to almost get a high. It reduces their hyper-vigilence to their symptoms.

When we can stop focusing on our symptoms, they don't impact our lives as much.

So, yes, I see value in CBD and low dose THC. But, TyDurden is improving so well that smoking some may disrupt his progress. His symptoms do not appear to be severe enough to risk the toxins from smoking. Maybe a bit of oil or edible. The PCS brain is usually very sensitive to toxins of every variety.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote