View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 06:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommab View Post
Thanks for the info. Yes I had other health problems besides the PN like fatigue and inflammatory arthritis which resolved after following the diet in the book called, Breaking the Vicious Cycle. Never did seem to help the PN even though it was a stiricter diet than strickly gluten free. The intergrative medicne doc prescribed it; the arthritis resolved (every joint in my body swelled after a stick from a fish I caught) and the fatigue and neuropathy kicked in with vigor about that time. I am not ready to give up, but I think I am looking for some hope that the neuropathy will improve at some point. I will continue to study everything I can find on neuropathy.
I have pretty severe PN, which was caused by gluten. I've been gluten-free for 4 years now, and feel only marginally better. But it has stopped the progression of damage, and I have hope that the nerves will re-grow( the estimated rate of 1mm per month is not a breath-taking rate). But everyone's different. I do believe that gluten is harmful to everyone for many reasons. Whether or not my nerves ever fully re-grow, I'm glad I stopped the destruction.
Steven N is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
caroline2 (12-13-2015), Cliffman (12-14-2015), Dargx (11-19-2020)