View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 06:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Rick,

Thanks for posting the picture!

The photo is a bit blurry but I can see the "white" areas of gum tissue. The white appears to be rather thick or lumpy in consistency. Is it actually gum tissue or accumulation of plaque? Can you gently remove it with a slightly moist q-tip? Or does the white substance seem to be coming from inside of the socket like pus would? I can also see that there is quite a bit of dark red inflammation along the lingual (tongue side) of the ridge that travels down toward the floor of your mouth. By any chance was the extracted tooth previously root canaled?

What are rinsing with and how often? Are you sticking to a soft food diet or eating regular food? Are you avoiding chewing on that side of your mouth?

Bryanna
-I just touched it with the end of a floss stick and the white area seems kind of hard. Could it be that much plaque so quickly? I didn't scrape at it too much. It kind of looks like its coming from the side of the socket. Not directly in the middle where the tooth was.
-Yes the tooth was root canaled previously and treated once also.
-I used Peridex oral rinse for a few days until it ran out. Now I'm using salt water 3 times/day.
-I'm pretty much eating like normal but chewing on the other side of the mouth.
Thank you!
Rick
Rick44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote