View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 11:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Rick,

Please refrain from using anything pointy or sharp in the area of the extraction site. A moist cotton q-tip would be the "sharpest" thing to use there Be sure to keep rinsing with warm salt water 3-4 times a day and continue to avoid eating on that side.

The white area could be bone graft material or a piece of the membrane. It could also be hard tartar... which does not happen too often. It is best to call the surgeon tomorrow and let him know about this and also mention that the lingual (side near the tongue) is very dark red and inflamed. This may be normal depending on the severity of the initial infection and the surgical technique he used, but it's better to find out for certain.

So the tooth had been root canaled previously, okay I thought so based on your description of the extensive bone loss. The additional treatment on the tooth... was that an apicoectomy?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick44 View Post
OK I took my contact lenses out so I could see better up close(getting old haha) and i noticed that the white coming up through the gums appears to be white material with little blue dots or perforations. I'm assuming it is the membrane. Is this normal? I will call the doc tomorrow and let him know just to be on the safe side.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote