View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 08:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Good morning :) Monday, Dec 14th

Saturday night I read more of Pam and Mark's posts on their SCS's. Mine is going pretty much along the same path as far as having to rest the first 2 days. The rep called me Saturday around noon and I asked her about the stuff they used to put me to sleep.

She said they have to use more during the SCS trial than I would have had for the back injections. So there is my answer but I do want to know what it was because I don't want that stuff anymore ! I'm sure they have other options.

The rep told me to keep the unit as high as I could but I could not walk with it on a high level.....I looked like a Claymation character walking around and very unsteady on me feet
Of course the kids loved it and laughed at me when I would holler out because a movement 'hit' me good

So I turned it down and it's been working better for me.

I'm still on my regular pain meds.

I have not had a problem laying down with this trial unit which is good. I also have no problem sitting.

I did not feel like going to the grocery store yesterday so instead I picked up around this very, very messy house and put things away. I went outside numerous times and walked around the driveway.

Because of all my activity yesterday I woke up in the middle of the night in horrible pain as expected.
(still not the same as walking around that grocery store floor but close)
I laid back down on my back, which actually felt good, and turned this sucker up to a good humming.

I could still feel the pain but it was not as 'sharp' and I was able to fall back to sleep and so far this morning I have not turned the unit back down. I guess your body gets used to the vibrations.

Some of you know that I'm not very keen on having a permanent one implanted BUT I'm going to have to give it some real thought.

I would love to be able to get off the BuTrans patch completely and possibly some of the gabapentin but even if I'm unable to do so I guess having this as another 'tool in the toolbox' would be a plus right ?

I really, really wanted to start looking for and getting an above ground pool with a nice deck around it. Thought if I started in January we might have it up and running by May ? If I get a permanent in January would I even feel up to overseeing this project ?

Thanks to all for reading this.

D......I've had one of Bubba's PJ tops on since I had the trial on Friday. It has been so comforting for me ! Not sure why I didn't think of wearing them to bed before this. I'm sure he's laughing at me from above for the way I 'look' in them

I have to add that I've had to block out that horrible week in August in order to get some peace of mind. When I remember those feelings from that week I just can't move or think straight it was so very raw and I keep seeing his face.

I love that manly man so much and even though Christmas was not something he loved I will miss him so badly on Christmas morning. Christina and Jonathan have offered to come and stay the night on Christmas Eve if I want them to. I'll just have to wait and see how I do. Our kids had been long gone from mine and Bubba's Christmas mornings and we could get up when we wanted and have coffee at the dining room table before getting ready to go and see what all the kids got for Christmas

Love y'all

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Diandra (12-16-2015), EnglishDave (12-14-2015), eva5667faliure (12-14-2015), Hopeless (12-14-2015), KnowNothingJon (12-16-2015), Littlepaw (12-17-2015), PamelaJune (12-14-2015), PurpleFoot721 (12-23-2015)