View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 01:11 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

LTagard,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Everything you are struggling with could be directly related to physiological damage to your brain. Many can have similar problems without ever losing consciousness or having any amnesia. Those are just 'ball park' indicators. They are not very reliable.

Have you ever had a Neuro Psychological Assessment ? That would be a good way of defining your capabilities. They are expensive but insurance usually pays a good portion of the cost.

Imaging may show so problems but at this point, I don't think it would change any treatment. The above NPA would be more useful. You said "Is it possible to display resp. exclude structural damage in the brain through medical imaging?" I don't understand fully what you were trying to say.

Regarding your math skills. If you need to use math regularly, it is likely you can retrain yourself. The brain is very adaptable. "my short time memory, my attention and my focus got damaged. Furthermore I develop fatigue very easily." These are common struggles many of us have. Fatigue is often due to over-stimulation. Too much sound, visual and other stimulation can cause fatigue. We tend to need to live quieter, moderated lives. We can help you understand how to do that.

It is not uncommon to struggle with depression after a brain injury. Plus, PTSD would be common in a situation like yours. Are you getting help with that ? The personality changes are also common. I went through a serious personality change after a severe concussion at 10 years old.

You have found a good place were many of us understand your struggles. Please feel free to tell us about any struggles you are having. It would help to introduce yourself. What do you do for a living ? What part of the country are you in ? Anything you can tell us can help us understand how your life and environment may be impacting your struggles.

My best to you.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote