View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 05:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Rick,

Please refrain from using anything pointy or sharp in the area of the extraction site. A moist cotton q-tip would be the "sharpest" thing to use there Be sure to keep rinsing with warm salt water 3-4 times a day and continue to avoid eating on that side.

The white area could be bone graft material or a piece of the membrane. It could also be hard tartar... which does not happen too often. It is best to call the surgeon tomorrow and let him know about this and also mention that the lingual (side near the tongue) is very dark red and inflamed. This may be normal depending on the severity of the initial infection and the surgical technique he used, but it's better to find out for certain.

So the tooth had been root canaled previously, okay I thought so based on your description of the extensive bone loss. The additional treatment on the tooth... was that an apicoectomy?

Bryanna
I'm not sure what it was called. So I went to the oral surgeon today and the white thing was in fact the membrane that was coming up. He did a CT scan and an X-ray and said everything looks great. He removed the membrane, washed the area up a little and that was it. Supposed to go back in 3 weeks for check up. Hope it heals up and I won't have any more problems.
Rick44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote