View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 08:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile

Bio you silly bird. Why for do you need to hop, skip or jump? Are these things that you would normally do on a daily basis? I would skip (sorry, blame the ketamine from today...) the impact and strain of anything like that which could cause injury.

Only worry about actions you do everyday. The stairs may come with more time. They require a complicated set of motions and significant weightbearing on a small point. I had trouble with them as recently as this summer, one year out from surgery. You WILL get stronger.

I agree with Mama and Catra. The recovery goes slowly. I had so many setbacks from which I would have to start again I lost count. And that was being careful! When this happens, rest, then approach again slowly. Over and over and over again. Whew! It does get old but I agree it pays off over time. Are you using a tennis ball or something on those trigger points?

Congrats on getting off crutches! That's one heck of an accomplishment. You are moving forward (just at our pace, not other people's pace). Keep up the good work and don't overdo. It just ain't worth it.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (12-15-2015), mama mac (12-15-2015), PurpleFoot721 (12-14-2015)