View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 02:22 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Smile Hi PngSista...Happy Birthday!!!

I'm really happy to meet you, but sorry for the reasons that bring you here. Yes, I am familiar with most of what you describe, as are so many people here. Maybe fibro itself isn't progressive, but for me the symptoms definitely have been. Mine is secondary to another condition, but it hurts just the same.

I can't tell you all the times I've heard people say they feel they're going out of their mind because of this, and maybe the #1 complaint I've heard is that they are tired of people thinking that it's not a "real" illness. Give it to them for just a day, and then see if they still feel the same! I've also heard, and even used, the "s" word quite a bit. But I understand what you mean...it's more an expression of frustration than anything else. Because there simply seems to be be no end of the symptoms you have to live with!

IHH could be right, because too many doctors tend to lump a lot of different conditions under the term Fibromyalgia. But fibro itself definitely is no picnic. It means have to learn to relive your life, lower your expectations, and think twice before doing anything that might stir up the animal within you. I think anyone who's had it for long will say that education is the key. Learn all you can, and then keep learning more. I've studied fibro until I feel like I'm blue in the face sometimes. And I don't care what anybody says; talking it about it with people who understand, and sometimes just venting your frustration to them, is a huge help!

Anyway, welcome to the fibro forum, and if you hang around I'm sure you'll be involved in numerous discussions about this illness, and some of the ways to deal with it. I hope you had a good birthday!

Idealist
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote