View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 09:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Further update

I would say that I'm now "95%" recovered and pretty much fully able to lead a full life now. I cannot emphasize how much seeing a neuropsychologist helped me in my healing journey--plus getting my anxiety and depression in check. I still have a few symptoms (mainly fatigue, now, and ever so slight balance issues, esp. under artificial light) but I am a fully engaged 40 something now with energy to spare. In addition to training again for next year's cycling season.

I cannot emphasize this enough--stay positive, and get that anxiety and depression in check. In a bizarre twist in how the brain works--both anxiety and depression exacerbate and make the symptoms 10 times worse. Also--once you glean all the information that you can from forums like Neurotalk, it's the best idea to look to other more positive places for input. I would highly suggested "Full Catastrophe Living" by John Cabot Zinn as a starting place. Don't let the title scare you, this is a great book about mindfulness and living life to its fullest even when suffering from chronic conditions.

Stay positive people! Things will work out OK! Stay positive!
seth8a is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lilyNYC (12-29-2015), Rahruwin (07-01-2017), SuperElectric (12-19-2015), SweetC (12-20-2015)