View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 12:27 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Attention Recent bone graft of absessed tooth w/1 next to it. Will it heal?

I had a bone graft of 2 lower left molars several months ago with no problems.
However, 2 weeks ago I had an absessed tooth extracted and bone graft material put in, on top of that the molar next to it is infected and scheduled to come out tomorrow afternoon. These are on my lower right.
My worry and question(s); 1. Can a bone graft work if it had come out of an infected area. 2. Will a bone graft work with an ongoing infection in the next tooth? 3. Should the Dentist have even performed an extraction and bone graft knowing that both were infected?
The bone graft done several months ago didn't look ANYTHING like this one! The stitches dissolved but there is NO uniformity on or around the gums. I try to clean under the infected one but it bleeds at the slightest touch.
After the extraction and graft, the gums were very inflamed and tender and in a week the puffiness went down. However, the puffiness is back, the gums at the site range from yellow to grayish red to pale red to regular red to bruised red! Is all this normal, or do I have cause to worry? God bless and thank you!
P.S. I'm a newbie!
rchilt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote