View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 09:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Post-Concussion Syndrome, Multiple Concussions, Dysautonomia,POTS

It has been two years since my last head injury. That concussion would be my 6th time on paper for a moderate/severe concussion. I basically passed out in the bathroom and hit the tub and sink. 30 stitches to the face, zero memory of that night/next day, out for 10 minutes. Later it was discovered I most likely had a condition known as POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), which led to syncope and the resulting head trauma.

I spent 9 months in Bryn Mawr Outpatient Brain Rehab, with appointments at least 3 times a week. Time and therapy and more therapy (to do by yourself at home daily), helped me improve a lot. However, I still have an array of problems I am now facing due to the head trauma.

Current remaining symptoms: problems seeing in periphery, photophobia (moderate to severe).. I still have to wear sunglasses a lot, which comes with its own stigma, fatigue, headaches, changes in hand dexterity

Symptoms Overcome: Convergence improved (tested at 8 ft after accident), blurred vision ( I can read a book again in short bursts without the words blurring), Balance and walking

I hope that by joining this thread , I can give back by letting others know that there are treatments and therapy for post-concussion syndrome...Doctors are learning more about concussions and the long term effects of repetitive head trauma then ever before.

I still get frustrated with my deficits, and the fact that doctors cannot predict if those deficits will ever improve.
amy.pign is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote