View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 03:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Luna,

I am not claustrophobic, but I have had several mri's. It's not quite as tight in there as some folks make it out to be, so try not to worry. There will be a tech close by that can talk to you throughout the test, and hear every word you say or noise you make, as well.... if you started freaking out in any way, they'll be able to tell... you won't get stuck in there terrified, no matter what drugs they give you for the anxiety. (BTW... there are some pretty fun drugs they give you to reduce anxiety, lol... you might actually find yourself not caring at all)

It's way too important for you to have this test, you must NOT "chicken out" as you put it. I have never been offered the chance to use music as a distraction, I think it'd be cool! Just don't pick anything that might make you hyper or jittery, that would make the test seem like it lasts forever.

There are different types of machines, as you pointed out, so I wanted to warn you that some make more noise than others. There is a metallic clanging that goes on during the test, not continually but just one clang every few minutes. I'm not sure if it's related to the actual taking of the pics, or if it's got to do with them moving things around in the machine. It's not too loud or too annoying, but it's nice to know beforehand that you'll hear it. Sometimes the techs forget to mention it.

So relax, you'll do just fine. It's the way things go, though... we patients stress over things beforehand, and afterwards say "That wasn't so bad".

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote