View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 07:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default .

Quote:
For example, I have short term visual and auditory functions in the bottom 5 to 12 % of the population. My processing speed is in the bottom 10%. My intelligence is in the top 12 to 2% of the population. The weak areas in my intelligence are likely due to injury as they are memory and processing related.
Ok Im going to try and explain. I assumed that if you have selective damage like reduced processing speed or reduced visual functions parallel to high overall intelligence you would possibly have focal damage instead of general damage. Furthermore I used to believe that intelligence was generally affected by traumas to the forehead/frontal lobe. This btw is also what confuses me about your statement. From the studies I read traumatic brain injury leads to a decrease in overall intelligence instead of selective abilities, doesn't it? And last but not least, isn't processing speed a part of intelligence?

Quote:
In the US, it is hard to claim changes that do not result in a loss in income.
Yes its the same over here. The problem is: at the time of the incident I had no income. This is why I would like to know wether it is possible to display structural damage through medical imaging and relate this structural damage to my 10 years of psychiatric history and relate that history to the incident.

Quote:
Europe uses the term surgery different than the US. Here, surgery is always cutting into the body. From what I gather, surgery in the EU can also mean a medical exam, consult or treatment. Are you a "cut into the body" surgeon ?
Yes of course I cut into the body. I do small surgeries like appendectomies or nail extractions or cutting out abscesses...

Last edited by LTagard; 12-15-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: improving understanding
LTagard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote