View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 11:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Five teeth extraction, two upper molars fused, bone graft, now foul odor

Hi,

I found this site from a lot of google searches, I saw Bryanna post on some very similar issues, so I appreciate the attention on this potentially redundant thread.

I have just had five teeth extracted, they came out 12 days ago. I had the top two molars on my right side fused to the bone (my 12 year molar and wisdom tooth) I had a bone graft placed.

It was quite a painful recovery, i took pain meds for over a week (Norco) along with ibuprofen and as much tylenol as i could add without taking too much. I also took a weeks worth of amoxil after the surgery.

A strong smell began in my nose a few days ago, a couple days after i finished the amoxil. It smells like roadkill, and it's disgusting. My boogers (Sorry) look clear if there are any at all. I have no fever.

I did have a lot of pain at the site, the bone grafting area was the most painful part of my recovery, all the other extractions were fairly straightforward with normal 3-5 day recovery.

This has put me through the wringer. I am worrying myself, infection/abscess or some sort of evil. Any ideas?

I have an appointment with my OS day after tomorrow. If it is an infection, will antibiotics alone help?
JenLRhodes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote