View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 04:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes Vowel Lady, I have thought this. After working in the medical field for five years (home health) we would all the time get Durable Medical Equipment Vendors at our doorstep wanting us to call them for referrals for patients to use their equipment. By law we were not allowed to receive kickbacks for this.

But.....from having friends work in doctor's offices you see the drug vendors stop by there CONSTANTLY. It's business unfortunately. I hear arguments from both sides but the bottom line is the dollar. Yes, this pill may stop eczema for example, but if we can get "all" doctors to prescribe this the money will come rolling in!

I think the best thing we can do as consumers is when a psychiatrist wants us to take something ask, "Why? What is it about this medication you like the best? How is is working for other people?" Research ourselves about the drugs, from other sites beside the pharmaceuticals site.

I've made up my mind (personally) I never care to take Depakote just from the side effects associated with it. I may have to go toe-to-toe with my psych. when I see him at the end of this month, but I refuse to take it. I like my hair .

Ornate Design