View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Caroline,

You know from my posts that I am a huge advocate of using herbs, nutritional supplements, homeopathy, etc for many, many things and I am not discrediting the usefulness of oil of oregano. However, although this may sound extreme to the lay person, self treating a tooth infection can result in an extensive and difficult to treat infection of the adjacent teeth/the sinus/the floor of the mouth/etc, as well as severe deterioration of the jaw bone and even a fatal outcome. Just because the symptoms may temporarily subside when using the oregano, that is not any indication that the infection has gotten better or that the infection has stopped spreading. The oil of oregano temporarily decreases the acute inflammation which temporarily decreases the intensity of the symptoms.

Please forgive me Caroline as I know you mean well, but I really hope that people who watch that video think twice before self treating an infected tooth. Also by any chance ...... did you happen to notice that the right side of that little girls face was puffy? That is caused by a systemic inflammatory response that occurs from the chronic infection and it clearly demonstrates that the problem is not just where the decay is visible.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
At least look/read this info. **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrMNYURBi9g

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote