View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 02:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I'd keep looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebeed View Post
I supposed I should stick with my original neurologist. I was trying to find a better one, though, which is why I thought the "Peripheral Neuropathy Clinic" would be able to offer me some better ideas. I have no idea how to find a "good" neurologist.
for that rare neurologist who is knowledgeable, open minded, keeps current and is willing to work with you to try to find a cause. I'm still looking. I now have a team of people and no neurologist which can be confusing with the overlaps. I would rather one doctor but so far it hasn't happened. They say it takes a village.....

My original neurologist, who came highly recommended, only did the basic tests and was not willing to look any further. He did refer me to an alleged top neurologist, who had trained the majority of "best" neurologists in my large city. After waiting months for that appointment Mr neurology told me (after a physical exam and only looking at my nerve conduction test) that my entire problem was caused by crossing my legs. If I stopped doing that I'd be fine. My point is I have found many doctors to be egotistical robots and/or idiots and you can't take it personally. I do believe there are some good ones out there but it takes work and a bit of luck to find them.
Cliffman (12-16-2015), onebeed (12-16-2015), Patrick Winter (12-16-2015), St George 2013 (12-16-2015)