View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 11:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
I need HELP on this topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this thread is old 2013 but i need help

i wish Kittypaw was here

How does the SSI backpay and paying welfare & your lawyer fee works out?

I live in California. I sign up for cash aid in June 2014. The judge clerk told my lawyer, the judge approve SSI Dec 2015 for me BUT she change my onset date from July 2015 instead of Feb 2012.

How does this work for paying off welfare office and lawyer fee?

Anybody lives in California or first hand knowledge?

PM me or reply on board
When you use the term Cash Aid are you referring to county funded General Assistance or federally funded TANF/AFDC/CalWorks? If you don't have minor children, I assume you are getting General Assistance.

You also don't mention your application date. SSI is never paid before application date even if you were found disabled earlier than application date. If your onset date is July 2015, then you are eligible for SSI payments beginning August 2015 and the General Assistance (also called Interim Assistance) will be reimbursed for the months August 2015 through the month before the first regular monthly SSI check, which might be January 2016 or maybe February 2016. You may still be billed by the county for earlier months but SSI will not pay it for you. Some counties do this through an automated system; others do it via paper requests. The county will send you a list of what month they are requesting reimbursement for.

The attorney fee is based on all SSI paid from August 2015 to the month before your first regular payment. 25% if that is what is in your fee agreement.

Have you been paying the market value of your rent since July 2015? Or do you have a written loan agreement? Or have you been living for free with a **promise to pay something someday?

Last edited by Chemar; 12-17-2015 at 07:36 AM. Reason: NT guidelines
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (12-17-2015)