View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 04:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello OhKay

I have bipolar and understand the PTSD symptoms you describe. My PTSD was described for other events prior to bipolar diagnosis, but they were one in the same in truth.

Alcohol use/abuse another commonality. I call it self medicating, some call it something else.

Ruminating over past events of suicide attempts, done that for last 25 years.....

Counselling tried that...not me I,m afraid..... I want to move forward not back.

CBT and NLP..... ...extremely helpful at putting thoughts in their place....and Google....controling your inner chimp.
This is a great way of self controlling your darkets thoughts.

Having worked with homeless people for over twenty years .....you cannot change or stop anyone from an addictive nature...they have to decide that for them self.....therefore your husbands choices are his.......

You have the choice to accept his life choices and behaviour or not.........(not easy at all, and with bipolar even harder..as the stress is the biggest killer with this awful affliction)

You are like me..in that when its bad you hold your hands up, and head off for help.....continue this life saving ethos...

Get some relaxation or positive thinking CDs.....play them repeatedly.....it does get in your head and over time does strengthen resolve....limiting episodes....

Stay strong dear lady......you're doing a grand job so far

Kind regards
David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (12-17-2015), barbo (12-18-2015), bizi (12-17-2015), eva5667faliure (12-29-2015), OhKay (12-18-2015), Wren (12-17-2015)