View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 07:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I started this thread a year ago and it is time to draw some conclusions.
In the last few months I continued improving slowly, but steadily.
I have graduated from the Edgelow program to other exercises.
Most of my current exercises are based on Pilates, but I also do all kinds of stretches: neck, arms, pecs, hamstrings and so on as well as walking or running three times a day.
I continue working full time. Currently I work three days a week in the office and two days from home. Hopefully I'll be able to work in the office full time soon (remains to be seen).

I still have some aches and pains in the neck and traps (and some minor one and off back and knee pains), but nothing compared to how bad they were last year. I was seriously considering going on disability then as I could not work on the computer for more than a couple of minutes.
Today I worked on the computer for 8 hours (with small breaks) and am feeling OK.
I resumed doing most of my hobby activities. Though I have to limit reading and doing anything time-consuming on the comuter.

I think Edgelow's exercises were a very important first step in the recovery.
Nothing else I tried helped me get out of the cycle.

Like many of you, I have seen more than 20 doctors, therapists and chiropractors most of which were not helpful.
I never got a definitive diagnosis. Some suggested that I have nTOS, others dismissed that. I may never find it out, but hopefully I will continue getting better.
Hiker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Akash (12-31-2015)