Thread: Help :(
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 01:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for replying Bryanna. I called up my dentist and spoke about the inflamed perio ligament as well as tooth perforation. She said neither is applicable in my case and after doing the post and core and crown the sensitivity should go away. She also said the sensitivity is due to the disinfectants reacting with my bone. When I specifically told her that I'm not going to continue further with the treatment until I get relief, she advised me to take augmentin (antibiotic), 2 tablets a day for 3 days. I told her the fact that she is telling me to take antibiotics clearly implies that she knows that there is an infection! She said that that's not the case and it will help calm my tooth! Obviously what she is saying does not make sense! It seems like she knows that there is a problem but she just wants to do the post and core and crown and take my money!! I'm thinking of consulting another dentist. Even If i'm getting the tooth removed, could you advise me what to do to get some relief in the mean time? Also, the tooth below the RCT seems to be bothering me quite a bit. Some days back I had flossed and a piece of the string got stuck between that tooth and another molar. It was quite uncomfortable and when I finally managed to pull it out, the tooth hurt a bit. Now, its a bit sensitive. I'm not sure if it's the flossing or the RCT tooth that is troubling this tooth. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
JamesSmith,

All root canaled teeth are chronically infected for the reasons I offered you in my first replhy. So irrelevant of what is done to that rc tooth, it will remain infected.

Pertaining to root canaled teeth, the ligament becomes inflamed when bacteria overwhelms the area. Other than extraction and removal of the ligament, there is no way to alter this once it has happened. If the tooth were perforated during the rc procedure, the bacterial contamination to the jaw bone from the perforation is not repairable. The only cure is to extract the tooth and remove all of the diseased tissue, ligament and infected bone.

I am sorry to deliver this news to you. If you are curious about learning up to date information about this topic ... buy the book The Toxic Tooth by Dr Robert Kulacz.

Bryanna
JamesSmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote