View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 01:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Balance, gait issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rec60661 View Post
Thanks so much for the info on Magnesium and I really DO need to hydrate.

Actually, my B12 level is around 800 but my folate is very high. I have learned that the serum b12 test is unreliable in detecting "activated" b12, so rather than do nothing, we're going to do b12 injections. No harm and it may help. A couple of PN articles I read suggest that if someone is symptomatic you should assume b-12 is the issue if it is under 1000.

I was taking Metformin to "prevent" diabetes which turned out to be one of the dumbest things I've done in my life. It seems the combo of an antacid for many years and Metformin for 18 months delivered a double whammy on my B12.

I start the B12 infections tomorrow and hoping beyond hope that it helps. I am so fearful that I am waking up feeling my nerves vibrating all over my body and have difficulty walking when I get up. I'm on a very rough road right now and am very VERY grateful for both of you providing this info!
I am not familiar with folate and related issues but the 800 on b-12 sounds high enough to not be symptomatic. Don't be surprised if your balance and gait take a hit. Keep us abreast of the meds you take and the pain you are experiencing if any. Your issue might be due to the ant-acid alone. You can use the search function and read about antacids. I think there are posters that attribute their PN to antacid use. Are you getting a Neuro appt? There are lots of people with experience here, with the will to help. We may ask a lot of questions. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote