View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 01:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked Lumbar Flare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
I used this a few nights ago on my Bicep Tendinitis. Just for the heck of it I put a little on my lower back where I suspect much of my neuropathy comes from. It stopped the burning in my back and most of the burning in my legs. The next day the burning was lighter. I have repeated the experiment for the last 3 days with similar results. I did wake up to a slight twitch last night but the Mortons took it away.

I have an appointment next month with a muscular skeletal doctor. I wanted someone other than a neurologist to look at my MRI's. I have been to this doctor before for a hip issue and I liked him a lot.

I know it is foolish to believe that it could be this simple to have gotten more definitive proof that my lumbar is the cause. However, I can't help hoping. Does it make any sense to you. Please tell me what you think.

(Btw I know I can't continue to use the gel indefinitely.)
My wife had lumbar fusion about 14 yrs ago and had no trouble until recently. She started having shooting pains in her right leg when her foot touched the floor. Along with this she experienced burning in the leg and pain in the lumbar. As we were going from pcp to neurosurgeon(same dr that did fusion) her pain was terrible and we both knew that something had to be done immediately if not sooner. All of a sudden(before the neuro appt) her pain went away!!! She was still tender in the lumbat but she could walk just fine. We went to the neuro and tole the tale and he x-rayed and said that she was in bad shape and if physical therapy didn't fix it, he would have to fuse higher in the spine. The similarities to Neuropathy flares didn't escape me. Now it's been two weeks since neuro visit and she hasn't said a word about her back. Both unable to think of cause or cure. Merry Christmas, Ken in Texas. "Let us not talk falsly now, the hour is getting late", Bob Dilan All along the Watchtower made famous by Jimi Hendrix
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pinkynose (12-18-2015)