View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 05:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Winter View Post
Certain types of PN can cause muscle loss. But, so can a host of other things.

I have small fiber neuropathy which doesnt really manifest like what you are describing. I get burning, prickling, numbness, sensitivity to temperature, just to name a few.

I would say get other tests as well, vitamin deficiencies, thyroid and more specific neuropathy tests (biopsy). unfortunately you may have to go fishing a bit.
I have had a bunch of blood testes can't remember all of them CBC count, B12, CK , RF, SEP, Lyme and a few others all normal. I do take a small dose 25 MCG of Levonthroixide(SP?) for an under active thyroid but they tested that and it was OK.

It just seems odd that my symptoms got really bad about a month after the knee replacement. Its almost as though my immune system kicked into high gear which it would to help heal the knee but it caused muscle fasics and muscle aches and pains in my good leg. Of course I had to use my good leg a lot more until I was able to walk OK on the replacement, so maybe I just over stressed the good leg. I would have thought using the good leg more would have made it stronger, not weaker ? That's the part that puzzels me ? I'm getting up there in years but still I should be able to improve muscle tone ?
pennben is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote