View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 06:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Disabled? 'YES' but what for?

I was found disabled by the SSA on Feb. 28, 2015. They paid two months of back-pay and have been depositing money into my account once a month.

I have the impression that I am suppose to know exactly what the condition was that disabled me. I was denied at first. I had my shrink and my GP send in a letter. Both were about the physical nature of the chronic condition of small fiber neuropathy (which was proven via a skin biopsy). Both letters mentioned my limitations due to SFN and the side effects of the meds used to treat it (mental fog). A month letter I was approved at the most least likely stage to get approved - the reconsideration stage.

At first we threw everything at them. Bi-polar and SFN. Again, I was under the impression that their award letter would clearly state what my disabling condition is -- but the letter does not.

I'll be 52 years old this May. From my benefits letter: "Doctors and other trained staff decided that you are disabled under our rules. But, this decision must be reviewed at least once every three years. We will send you a letter before we start the review."

Shouldn't I know what condition they considered to be disabling? I feel like I am missing an important piece of the puzzle.

Finally, on the benefits letter - under my 'Claim Number' -- which is my SS # . .. at the end of my SS# they have the letters 'HA'. Pretend my last four numbers are shown here: XXX-XX-6719HA

Does anyone know what the HA means?

Here I just got it -- and I am already 'worrying' about my 'upcoming' review.

Thanks in advance.
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (12-18-2015)