View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 07:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=canifindagooddr;1189169]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
The last one or two letters or letters and numbers after the SSN represent how the person getting benefits is related to the person who owns the SSN. No big deal.

**I'm still confused. 'HA' neither my first name or my last name starts or ends with either at 'H' or an 'A'.

The TSR's at the 800 number can give you a generalized definition of the primary and secondary diagnosis. The codes are on the computer record. They cannot give you specific details about how or what was the deciding factor.

**What is a 'TSR'? Do you have their 800 number handy? Maybe it would be a bad idea to call them. They might flag me.

**Thanks Janke for the time and info!
1-800-772-1213. Teleservice Representatives.
Flag you as what? A person who asks questions? People that ask too many questions get their benefits reduced or stopped? No, doesn't happen.

BIC - Beneficiary Identification Code

A whole series of letters and numbers. A, B, C, D, E, M, T, W. Some with numbers following. Some without. Your age 62 female spouse would be a BIC B. A widow is a D. Youngest child is C1, next is C2, 10th is C with a letter (can't remember). If there is a H in front, it means a disability claim, not a retirement or survivor claim. BIC HA is a disabled person getting disability benefits on their own Social Security earnings record. I can go on and on about BIC's. Very boring. Totally inconsequential to you
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canifindagooddr (12-18-2015), echoes long ago (12-19-2015), St George 2013 (12-18-2015)