View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 08:43 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

As I said, the military send 18 to 20 year olds into battle because of their maturity level. Once they mature a bit more, they are less willing to take the chances/risks that younger, less mature persons would take.

So, maturity is about judgement and such. Being able to weight risk vs benefit, etc.

It does not sound like you has a Neuro Psych Assessment. It sounds more like you had a comprehensive psychological assessment. An NPA takes 4 to 12 hours of testing or more.

Add some cognitive and memory dysfunctions to maturity issues and depression and life can be a struggle. PCS can make depression more prevalent.

The struggle with your parents was likely made worse by their lack of understanding your personality changes and other struggles. I know my personality changes made my home life more difficult until I was put on seizure meds that also helped settle my personality a bit.

It is easy to place blame on others but we are the ones living with our condition and only we can make the choices to try to move forward in a positive way. We can choose to rely on others for help with our personality struggles and other struggles. Finding that person who we can trust can be a challenge but worth it.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote