View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 11:18 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I think I read somewhere that the dorsol root ganglia lack motor neurons, but I'll have to check that. Perhaps someone else can speak more authoritatively to this. Of course, I believe someone with pure SFN can end up having larger nerve involvement and so motor neurons.

One thing I was thinking here too is whether someone with ganglionopathy can still experience regeneration. Some posters have hinted at this (Brian said so explicitly, but just in passing: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread229883-2.html; and En Bloc seems to be experiencing it). Can anyone weigh in on this, ideally with some studies? I'll look into this myself too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
Having just read DavidHCs post I keep coming back to ganglionopathy myself. I had sfn start in my thighs and buttocks and now it's everywhere and sporadically in my face, tongue and now to add to the joy, I have it in more intimate regions . Does anyone know if ganglionopathy can affect larger motor nerves and therefore become more than just sensory?
I have conducted months of research into my sfn but am in a gabapentin enduced stupor more often than not these days, I keep reading articles over and over and finding no answers. I do try and find the answers to these questions but its becoming harder.
I won't continue to hog the boards tonight, last post for now! :-)
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote