View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 04:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Disability Update Report

I was also wondering if someone could help me make since of the below!

I looked at the 2nd scanline on the Disability Update Reporte (the line below your SS#-field 3) and I believe the letter "M" describes my profile type, but in the next field (profile score) my score is listed as "0000" I found out through another site that if you are a "M" or a "H" and you put down for ? # 4 which best describes your health as the same , You increased your chances of getting a full review. Does someone here know about this?

I'm also curious about this (if someone can help me make sense of it):

2. Who is sent a mailer?

The mailer is usually sent to beneficiaries who, on the basis of statistical analyses called profiling, indicate a low probability of medical improvement where a full CDR was done. This group is sometimes described simply as “LOWs”. In some instances, other groups of beneficiaries may be sent mailers. These groups are variously referred to as “HIGHs” or “MEDIUMs”, to differentiate between the “scores” of those who profile as potentially productive CDRs, or when combined as a group, they may be referred to as “non-LOWs” or “not-LOWs”.

The answers to the questions and remarks on the mailer, and relevant attachments to the form (e.g., medical evidence, work information), are reviewed. The responses may show that the profile has not changed, in which case a full CDR is deferred for LOW profile cases, or a full CDR is initiated for MEDIUM or HIGH (not-LOW) profile cases.

Alternatively, the mailer responses may show that there is reason to conclude that the profile has changed, in which case a full CDR usually results for mailers on LOW profile cases, or a deferral action results in the case of the MEDIUM and HIGH (not-LOW) profile cases.

If I analyze this correctly as it pertains to my classification "Medium" but profile score "0000" the above is saying that a "Medium" if nothing changes, then a full CDR is initiated. Then it states that some changes in "Medium" results in a deferral. Can someone help me understand this. I am afraid that they may think nothing changed for my situation and I thought that if nothing changes, that's good. I'm confused. This is the link that I got the above info from another site!
Alfa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote