View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 05:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My ten year old daughter helps more around the house, is understanding about my limitations and is grateful when I push myself. I study for tests with her, we play Disney Infinity together and spend time together just chatting.

I also beat her to bed at times, but since I adjusted to a less stressful position and I do that less.

My four year old boy, well it is a challenge. He understands I am not well, but doesn't at the same time. My wife and I are working with him daily. I often wonder if his acting out is in part in response to my infirmity.

In the beginning of my symptoms I was just running to adjust everything I could in my diet, move more, take supplements, and so on. I am years on in, progression has laid claim to ground that was once only flare territory. This year started tough, remaind that way, grew worse and mellowed.

These last few weeks are ratcheting up, but I have a pretty good system in place. I still walk to work from my parking, but moved closer. I make sure I am involved in my 4 year olds bedtime every other night and expend energy as wisely as possible.

Everytime that fails I dust myself off, try to learn from my misstep and recommit. Neuropathy symptoms limit many things, but I believe I can find the best level of activity most days.

Though somehow taking an event like a movie at the end of the day was taxing. It took me two days to get back to a baseline of sorts.
KnowNothingJon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (12-19-2015), Patrick Winter (12-20-2015)