View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 03:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Traumatic flashback over sister 'mistakenly' yelling "stop tics" it was seizure

Hello Forum,

Last night in bed it was hot and I had trouble sleeping. I had a nasty flashback. It was about a series of incidents that began on 9th December, 2010. 5th Anniversary, almost.

I got out of bed that day, suffering from seizures and psychosis. The psychosis made me think I had gone out, went to a hospital appointment instead of cancelling, with all sorts of weird delusional stuff happening. I had a number of delusional memories like bashing an interstate psychiatric team and putting my arm around a stranger (a girl I hope!) and kissing her. I believed I had snuffed cocaine and wanted to jump off a roof of a construction site, so had the memory of running in, doing my poos and spews in the 'building', when I was probably doing it in my home toilet. I wanted to bash my former boss for sacking me and felt guilty about using a brick 'over his head' so I tried to climb the gates of the local prison when they didn't find me guilty/let me in.
The seizures made me partly unconcious, fall out of a chair in my bedroom, get migrane symptoms such as feel upside down with my head going towards the ceiling, a horrible process going through my head, hallucinations and having tonic clonic convulsions when coming out of a toilet or bed.

Anyway, back to the trauma involving my sister. I had a nap that day, I awoke in the afternoon, got out of bed, then had a tonic clonic seizure with my door shut. I went semi-unconcious, started panting, making sounds, frothing at the mouth, things went partly black and I fell to the floor; bashing my head against the carpet ground.
My sister thought I was having Tourette tics so she yelled at me to stop which made me leap into the air, frightened and I "snapped out of it". I had relentless breathing, tried to yell at my sister, she walked into the bedroom, although I was behind the door, I slammed the door into her face and criticised her. I think I was going psychotic/aggressive at that time, I opened the door, rammed into her, saying I'll sue her and she kneed me in the balls.
My sister doesn't acknowledge that I've ever had a seizure. Although, she doesn't stop me from having tics anymore.
What do I do? I don't have the money to leave home. My Dad just says its my psychotic false memories/thinking and says it didn't happen. How do I solve this?
dyspraxia345 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (12-21-2015)