Thread: Help :(
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 07:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Bryanna. About my lower tooth, it has an old filling. I should have shown it to the new dentist I consulted but with all the talk about the root canal tooth, I forgot. The sensitivity keeps on coming and going. The weird thing is, If i'm feeling sensitivity in the root canal tooth, then it goes away from the lower tooth and vice versa! Assuming I decide to remove the root canal tooth, that comes with it's own set of problems like ensuring the infection is thoroughly cleaned and the ligament removed etc. I'm going to take a few days and think about all this. Also, I'm attaching pics of the root canal tooth that the new dentist took.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
JameSmith,

In the scheme of things it is irrelevant if she missed a canal. Re treating the tooth, filling that canal, will not change the status of the infection inside of the dentin tubules. I will post a diagram of the anatomy of a tooth so you can see for yourself just how many dentin tubules are inside of every tooth. In the diagram each brown line represents a tiny canal. These tiny canals are not accessible and will therefore harbor infected nerve tissue irrelevant of how many times or how well the rc procedure is done.

I cannot advise you of what to do. I can only offer you the information that is evidently not being given to you by your dentist to help you become better informed. Only you can decide what you feel is in your best interest.
Attached Thumbnails
Help :(-xray1-jpg   Help :(-xray2-jpg  
JamesSmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote