View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 12:26 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi rchilt,

Glad to hear that your mouth is feeling better.

Regarding your question about PN in your feet and a possible correlation between your teeth and the PN. Ancient Chinese medicine used (still in use to this day) a a tooth and organ meridian chart as part of their diagnosis as they believe the teeth are intricately connected to the rest of the body. I personally have found this chart to be remarkably accurate many times within my professional setting. I am attaching a link to this chart for you to look over. Keep in mind that the teeth in each quadrant feed off of the same nerve meridians. Therefore the connection to specific organs or areas of the body are shared by all of the teeth in that specific quadrant.

http://www.preventionandhealing.com/...hart8.5x11.pdf

It is not uncommon for people to have relief from nerve pain or certain types of arthritic pain during the course of some antibiotics. There are several theories about this but two of them are: 1) antibiotics temporarily reduce inflammation and target areas of infectious bacteria 2) some types of nerve pain can be caused by infection.

It's important to know that inflammation and infection does not have to originate at the site of the pain. The root cause of the pain can be in an area of the body that is intricately connected to the areas that are being affected. For example.... one symptom of a heart attack is radiating pain in the lower jaw or pain down the left arm. Yet it is the heart muscle that is directly affected. Symptoms of a stroke.... slurred speech, blurred vision, loss of sensation down one side of the body, etc. So when you think about things like that, the tooth and organ chart makes sense!

Your thoughts?
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchilt View Post
Thank you Bryanna for answering. I've been trying to reply but I'm not getting anywhere. I hope this one makes it.
I too apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Other health issues, related or not(?) were more pressing.
I want to say thank you and Merry Christmas, YOU are a gift to many of us here who would otherwise have nowhere to turn.
My situation has resolved in the last 2 days. I would be able to fill a moderate sized paperback with all that has been happening but your time is important.
I do have one question and comment tho; Have you ever heard of Dental problems affecting Peripheral Neuropathy? I suffer from P.N. in both feet
I have P.N. bad in my right leg/foot and when the Dentist put me on Augmentin my P.N. was incredibly improved. I've since been on 3 other Antibiotics to no avail. I went back on Augmentin and the P.N. improved AGAIN.
Also when the Dentist pulled the tooth finally, I got feeling back in my right foot, which only lasted a day or so, but I hadn't had feeling in almost 2 years!
My Pain Management Dr. is researching 'Clavulanic Acid' as that is the odd-ball-out as far as ingredients
Again, thank you so much and I pray you have a Merry Christmas!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote