View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 07:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Ganglionopathy - again

Quote:
Originally Posted by heb1212 View Post
Hi, Madison... I have heard of LDN in several different forums for overlapping issues I have (chronic virus, fibro, neuropathy). I'm wondering how you have succeeded getting a RX for it, when it doesn't seem to be FDA approved in the US for chronic pain conditions? Did you bring the suggestion to your doctor and he approved of it or was it his/her suggestion to you? Also, it doesn't seem to be compounded in the low dosage here in the US, so how do you get it dispensed? I'm going back to pain management in January, and I'd like to go as informed and prepared as possible. I found a PubMed review on LDN that I think I'll bring with me, but it all seems very experimental at this point. I've tried so many things; so many side effects. Currently, I'm on gabapentin and nortriptyline, too, but low doses of both. Thanks!

The new clinic that I'm seeing prescribed it without me asking. It is prescribed off label. It is FDA approved at higher doses, but will likely never approve it at lower doses; there is no money to be made for pharma, so they won't invest the money for low dose approval. This drug had a low side effect profile. I personally take 2.5 mg each night and have had zero side effects.

I get my LDN compounded at a pharmacy here in the city where I live in. It cost me about a dollar a day and they ship it to my house, Pain doctors are starting to use LDN. Pradeep Chopra is a well known pain doctor who has published a small case study that highlights success with RSD patients on LDN.

There is a good paper out there that explains the 2 mechanisms for this drug. Let me know if you can't find it because I probably have it tucked away somewhere on one of my computers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
heb1212 (12-21-2015)