View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 10:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Sinus problems still after removal of teeth

Hi,
It has been almost 6 weeks since I have had teeth 14 and 15 removed because of a bad root canal. The roots were in my sinuses and were infecting my sinus cavity. The oral surgeon put me on Biaxin for a week and the ENT extended it for two more weeks. I felt like the sinus problem was going away but it never really cleared. Then about 2 and a half weeks ago, I went off all medication. Gradually my sinuses became infected again and now I have a full blown sinus infection. The mucus is thick and green with blood in it and it is in my post nasal area. I had two bone grafts on #14 and 15 and now there are no other teeth on that side. Should I go back to the oral surgeon? He said that if removing those teeth didn't cure the sinus problem he didn't know what to tell me. Is there anything that could be a problem still? Or did I not take antibiotics long enough or the right ones and the infection just didn't go away? I have had an MRI of the sinus and I don't have sinus disease, just Odontogenic sinusitis. But I have removed that problem. Also, I can't get into ENT for a month. Any help would be so appreciated, I am really tired of living like this! Thank you

Also just to add, I still have some neck swelling on that side and my left ear is still ringing loudly.

Last edited by Angels31; 12-21-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Added
Angels31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote