Thread: Christmas panic
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 05:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks kicker for this thread. It is nice to read what others go through in preparation for Christmas.

I have bowed out of Christmas giving for quite a few years now with the exception of my only sibling. So many things have led me to this and being somewhat home bound, not totally as I still drive, just hurt too much to walk. Yes, I resort to online ordering but never know WHAT to order for someone that gets whatever they really want for themselves before anyone else gets a chance. I also can't afford gift giving as I struggle just to pay for the essentials each month.

When it hit me that Christmas is THIS Friday, I, too, felt panicky. Only ONE person to get a gift for and even THAT is more than I seem to be able to cope with these days.

I feel like such a Scrooge and wish things were different but they are what they are and if my sibling's kids (grown with kids of their own) don't understand, then so be it. BUT, I still feel bad that I can't GIVE to them. I used to like giving and wrapping and all the trappings that come with Christmas. Now I just treat it as just another day of the week and I am OK with that for myself.

I still get that panicky feeling when I see it so close at hand.

I can't imagine what it is like for people with children, a spouse, parents, in-laws, etc.

And for those who have recently lost loved ones, I hope you will find some peace and manage to get through the holiday season without too much heartbreak. I will be thinking of all my NT friends and wish each of you the best you can experience whatever your circumstances.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-21-2015)