View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 09:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rita ayers View Post
I am 62 yrs old & was diagnosed with Spinocerebellar Ataxia 15 years ago. It is a progressive disease and rare, no treatment for it.

Anyone out there dealing with this debilitating disease? My knees are going
on me from locking them trying to maintain some stability. I use a walker full time. Is there any help out there? I have no one that can even remotely relate to what I am dealing with on a daily basis.

Please would like to hear from one.
Hi Rita,
I'm Deb and I've been diagnosed with Spino Cerebella about 4 years ago. Oh, I forgot to say that I'm 64 years old.

I was mis-diagnosed for 30+ years with Multiple Sclerosis. I changed neurologists about 4 years ago. The neurologist I'm seeing now is much better than the previous one! His office suspected that I didn't have MS right away. They put me through a battery of tests (which all came back negative) and sent me to a hospital in Pittsburgh, PA.

My knees are going out on me too. In fact, I've had either close calls or have fallen & hit the floor 6 times since August.

I have absolutely no idea of what to expect with this. Since you've had it longer than me, maybe you can enlighten me a bit?

Right now, I'm taking it one day at a time.

I do write for children, edit and proofread. I intend to keep this up as long as I can. That's the plan, anyway!

It's great to finally find someone with the same thing I do! I hope you get back to me.
Deb
kidztales is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (12-22-2015)