View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 10:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Well, I am not entirely sure how this Christmas is going to go for me. This is the year that we are supposed to be with my side of the family at my parents house up north. We were planning on taking the trip in our van where I could lay down in the back to keep my leg elevated. Unfortunately the van broke down the other day, and we are now left with our classic pick-up to drive around in which only has a bench seat in it. I know I can't handle the 3 1/2 hour trip without a way to elevate my leg, so last night I had to call my mom, and tell her that we will not be making it up this year. It really broke my heart to have to do that. I haven't had the chance to make it up there in 6 years and was looking forward to seeing how there house is coming along.

On a brighter side though, my husband and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary on the 26th. Since we can't make it up to my parents for the holidays, we decided to have several of our friends over to celebrate the holidays as well as our anniversary. One of our friends happens to be a great chef, so she is planning on cooking us a wonderful meal. It won't quite make up for not being with my family, but having close friends around for the holidays is the next best thing and sure does come close.

I hope everyone has a very happy holidays!

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (12-23-2015), Littlepaw (12-23-2015), mama mac (12-23-2015)