View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Joanna, and everyone,

We raised our kids after I was severely disabled when the youngest was just 3, when she reached 14 it was just the 2 of us after her mother left.

All 3 were fully aware of my physical limitations and the amount of meds I have to pump into myself to keep going. None of them know of the Depression, Anxiety or specific details of everything that is wrong with me, even to this day - it is not their place to worry about that.

All have grown up reasonably well-balanced and harbour no resentment about anything they might have missed in their childhood.

Now, I have my eldest daughter and (nearly) 3 year old Grandson living with me. I am finding it difficult with him, he is too young at the moment to understand I am unable to play when others can. My conditions, physical and mental, have worsened over the years and I do have concerns that he will be affected by them despite the previous Generation being unaffected.

I think you are all doing the best you possibly can in very difficult circumstances. Try not to worry about the resilience of your children, just make as many good memories as possible.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoannaP79 (12-24-2015)