View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 08:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
mark,

The sinus perforation needs to be evaluated to determine the size and location of it. If this dentist was not interested in doing that, then seek a consult with another dentist. It is important for that dentist to be an Oral Surgeon, not a general dentist.

Based on your description, the symptoms are not improving they are getting worse. So it is best to get this evaluated asap.

Bryanna
I have a question, I had an extraction of a cracked root canal'd/crown tooth (top right before wisdom tooth) on 16 DEC and experienced the common sinus perforation.

I went in this Monday (21 DEC) and the oral surgeon put me on amoxicillin for the sinus infection I got at the extraction site. Today is 7 days since the extraction and I can still feel air pass through the sinus. I do my best not to irritate the area and let me tell you that is challenging (keep mouth open all the time, speak in a lower voice, cooling down my Starbucks so I can pour it opposed to sipping). On occasion I do something wrong and cause air to pass through the sinus (how I know this is still an issue today).

Is it normal to continue to have the sinus perforation now? I'm thinking maybe the sinus infection needed clearing up first?

Thank you for replying to everyone's inquiries!

-Rick
XFitRick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote