View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 12:45 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default ABC and SyFy videos are choppy

Hi all. I've got a real good one for you experts.

I have a Dell Laptop that I use to watch all my movies, anything on youtube, etc. etc. They play just fine. except for when I watch my General Hospital and the stuff from Syfy channel.

I used different browsers, no change.

So to put it simply, I can watch anything on youtube, I can watch any video on FB, but if I go to abc's website to watch General Hospital (which I watch because I'm signed in via my cable provider), I get a choppy video but the sound is perfect. The sound does not sync up with the video.

Same with the Syfy Channel. I was watching their latest miniseries and I watched the whole thing in a slow motion kind of thing (but the audio was fine). I'm going to check now and see if this happens with CBS.

I called my cable provide and he said what I thought he would say. He thinks it's the websites. Not my computer video player or video card.

Because I can watch anything on youtube, etc.

Be back later to update. It will be interesting if I can watch CBS episodes with no problem. Then....that means it's ABC and Syfy websites right?

later.....

Melody

Update. Okay, here is what I now know. I can watch CBS episodes, NBC episodes, Showtime and probably anything I subscribe to, as well as youtube and other things. What I CAN'T watch is ABC and Syfy without it being choppy video while the audio is just fine.

Any input would be wonderful because this absolutely makes no sense.

Thanks much

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 12-24-2015 at 01:15 AM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote