View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 01:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Matzie,

Sorry to hear you are suffering from MP. It can be very painful. Many have a spontaneous relief of symptoms in a short time interval. Others can suffer with it for a lifetime.

I happen to be a lifer with MP. Mine began on the side of my thigh but soon after, encompassed the front of my thigh as well. MP can be anterior, lateral, or both.

In the United States, there are some "over the counter" patches you might try since you are unable to obtain the Lidoderm patches of which mrsD spoke. Maybe you have something similar over the counter in the UK. Worth a try, maybe.

Check back in with us and let us know how you are doing. Hopefully, you may be one to have spontaneous relief. MP CAN be a temporary condition. Losing weight as you are doing may be the solution for you. That may be causing the pressure on the LFCN.

My nerve was damaged severely during a surgical procedure many decades ago and has only worsened with time.

Let us hope that your prognosis is good and this is just a temporary condition for you.

Last edited by Hopeless; 12-25-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (12-24-2015)